Discussion City Effects

DeletedUser2458

The whole page is quite weird. Any notes (about their power increasing/lvl, exceptions, stackability...) are missing or where you can get them. It's just a useless list which provides no special info, only mentions that these rewards exist.

DeletedUser2362

The whole page is quite weird. Any notes (about their power increasing/lvl, exceptions, stackability...) are missing or where you can get them. It's just a useless list which provides no special info, only mentions that these rewards exist.
We didn't have access to that information until here recently. We are working to get more effects added and individual pages made for all the effects. Any effect that has X time is an effect that has levels. For every other effect, a set time is specified. At the top of the page, it specifies that effects will not stack on top of each other. We will add more effects when we get the artwork from Inno. Please realize that all of us on the wiki team have additional moderation work that we have to do on top of keeping the wiki up to date. We are working hard to get more content added and existing content updated. It will just take time considering how much is outdated.

Doing a last check on Hades vs Sparta event I think that below effect is missing from list

m2SFm5dDS9mZG3CIAAB8pg.png

and also the one that gives both coins of war and wisdom on same token

DeletedUser2362

Doing a last check on Hades vs Sparta event I think that below effect is missing from list

m2SFm5dDS9mZG3CIAAB8pg.png

and also the one that gives both coins of war and wisdom on same token
I am aware. We just dont have the artwork for them right now. Once we get the artwork, they will be added.

DeletedUser2458

I don't think an individual page for every single effect is a good idea.
We will add more effects when we get the artwork from Inno.
What are you waiting for? You can cut it on your own from the image files which are used in the game. It's no problem, especially if you have Windows 10 which offers a nice Photo app that can cut .png images with transparent background. I cut lots of them in the past... I can share them with you. Just write me a PM with effects' names.
Please realize that all of us on the wiki team have additional moderation work that we have to do on top of keeping the wiki up to date.
I have more than 4 years experience as a wiki mod... so, I can imagine. ;)

DeletedUser2362

I don't think an individual page for every single effect is a good idea.

What are you waiting for? You can cut it on your own from the image files which are used in the game. It's no problem, especially if you have Windows 10 which offers a nice Photo app that can cut .png images with transparent background. I cut lots of them in the past... I can share them with you. Just write me a PM with effects' names.

I have more than 4 years experience as a wiki mod... so, I can imagine. ;)
The problem is the images are blurry if we cut them from the game.

1. We are doing a page for every effect so that way the main page doesnt get out of control. It could get hard to locate a specific effect if we have everything on one page.

2. We already tried taking images from in-game and that didnt work out well. They ended up being blurry when we uploaded them. None of us have the app you are talking of. You are welcome to try though.

DeletedUser2458

galanoulis: Yep, exactly, but bigger. Bigger size is better as you can always reduce its size.
That will take ages to do so.....
Not really, don't be afraid.
i.e. single file for every icon
For the servers, it's less useful (due to high load... it's better to load one file rather than 300...) ... I doubt that they have it separately.

DeletedUser2362

I moved this to a separate thread for discussion as the edit request was fulfilled in the other thread.

As I said in the previous post, we tried to get the images, but they turned out blurry. That is why we are waiting for the official artwork.

DeletedUser2458

As I said in the previous post, we tried to get the images, but they turned out blurry. That is why we are waiting for the official artwork.
Please, read our (galanoulis's and my posts)... we don't speak about cutting screenshots... but about images which contains effects' icons and nothing else.))

Please, read our (galanoulis's and my posts)... we don't speak about cutting screenshots... but about images which contains effects' icons and nothing else.))

Well he is right, because in WiKi you need an image a bit bigger than the ingame ones. and if you "zoom in" to the link I placed earlier (so as to get a bigger image) then image is blurry and poor quality.
I assume this is what he tried to say.
Because I tried earlier to get him link for the icon for the missing favor effect and quality was not satisfying

DeletedUser2458

1. We are doing a page for every effect so that way the main page doesnt get out of control. It could get hard to locate a specific effect if we have everything on one page.
Back to this, I do think this design will be chaotic. If you consider that overviews will be pretty long on one page, then you can do e.g. a main article as a walkthrough menu with some introduction text (where you can get these rewards, how they can be used, what the roman numerals mean, mention the inventory...) and links on separated categories (e.g. resources, combat...) + place a header with these links on top of every effects' category page. It'd be strange to have so many dedicated pages with very short table and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator: