Feedback/Questions: Grepolis Player Council

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are just giving everyone a chance to provide their feedback and being sure at 100% that someone in the office will read it as it is, with no filters or additional steps (Community > Team > CM > LCM/Game Design) but directly Community > Game Design.

If you want to try it out you know where the application form is, if not... as I said, we did everything possible, it's your choice to not share your opinions and to see some game changes that you may not like, and we don't even know you don't like it before working on it.

DeletedUser2458

Be sure, I am ready to share feedback about any plans... I really don't see any reason to keep any devs' thoughts in secret. It's pity that the DevBlog isn't used more. It was announced last year that the dev team will share info more often... and I've not noticed any change.

(Community > Team > CM > LCM/Game Design) but directly Community > Game Design
I trust currently way more than the proposed one after reading the announcement and applications.

Why a local concil, internal, advisory board... ? Let make a forum with language sections and one international... and let them accessible for all members of GPC. Inno doesn't have local teams under control, the company simply has to trust their CoMas... I really wonder how Inno is going to control such thing like a GPC. International sharing of local feedback shouldn't rely on 1 person.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you need to see before believing... the only thing you can do is apply for the GPC :)
And this is valid for everyone ^^
sry..my RL does not play there..
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

1. My job .. can not go online during my working time .. will be about the app or Laptop ..
  2. Now we come to the most important point .. my RL .. I have girlfriend and daughter who live in Bavaria .. I sit every 3 - 4 day in the Flixbus from Saxony - Anhalt to Bavaria .. have enough stress on the cheek ..
  3. Then I am still platoon leader with the volunteer fire brigade .. the number is already extremely compatible with my RL .. yet another load I just do not hold ..
regrads
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Sharing your ideas doesn't require much time, and you usually do it everyday so I still can't get your problem, but if you don't want to contribute, ok :)

Thanks for sharing your doubts!

DeletedUser

Thanks for sharing your doubts!

Thank you for the flowers
smiley_emoticons_motz.gif

Have only expressed that it is not possible for me at the moment. Did not say anything that I could not imagine later.
Always beautiful with the truth remain here..
smiley_emoticons_grin.gif

regards
Geisti

We are just giving everyone a chance to provide their feedback and being sure at 100% that someone in the office will read it as it is, with no filters or additional steps (Community > Team > CM > LCM/Game Design) but directly Community > Game Design.

If you want to try it out you know where the application form is, if not... as I said, we did everything possible, it's your choice to not share your opinions and to see some game changes that you may not like, and we don't even know you don't like it before working on it.

First of all: GPC is not giving everybody a chance to provide their feedback - everybody has the chance to provide feedback from the day she or he joins the game. There are lots of players who have not taken that chance for years - you have never seen them in the forums, you have never read any feedback or suggestions provided by them, and now (in several markets) they randomly reply to an ingame message announcing a player council, writing their first posting ever in the local public forums, telling us how interested they are and always have been in the development of the game (an interest they have hidden very well for the past up to 7 years), and how they are just the right person(s) to represent their community. And some of them have never been spotted again after having provided their application.

I cannot understand why active participation in community life and in the forums was and is not among the main criteria for application for the GPC if such a thing is intended. You say "we did everything possible" - no, you didn´t. You did not talk to the active forum users or DevBlog readers before coming up with a ridiculously complicated three-body-concept with an equally complicated structure of rights and obligations, rotating access(es) and other features more apt for administrative bodies or political parties.

You cannot claim that users who have been providing feedback and suggestions for years (and continue doing so) are now chosing "not to share your opinion and to see some game changes that you may not like, and we don't even know you don't like it before working on it" only because they feel steamrolled by a concept that had not even been discussed with the players beforehand, and thus doesn´t encourage any trust in any new or advanced kind of "cooperation".

You don´t know whether we like new features before you are working on them (and in most cases even implement them)? Well, that has been IG´s main problem all along, and IG alone can solve it - in communicating with all users interested in communication, in not only reading but discussing the feedback provided with all users providing it - and not only with some unknown applicants who have just woken up once in all their Grepolis years (or do not even find the time to apply but let others do it for them as I have just seen in the Italian forums - where none of the "applicants" so far will get my vote, that´s for sure!)

---

• Make sure that each market is represented, even if no local representatives were found for the respective term (ideally through beta)
  • Beta representative shall listen to all comments made on beta forums, no matter which language version the respective player might be coming from originally

Even though I know the reason(s) and share the serious doubts of the previous speakers, my heart is aching when I see that there is no Beta application so far. Not one.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please, let me clarify something.

You talk about players that lost their trust in InnoGames for what happend in the past years. Do you know that in the last year we have new:
(Some) Developers
Game Designer
Lead CM
Product Manager
And last but not least, your beta CM :p

So... you don't really know if something can change or not without even trying it. Draba, if you didn't already apply for the german marked, why don't you apply here on beta? :)

DeletedUser2458

Would you like to participate on something which is simply stupid in your opinion? I don't think so. I've browsered applications forms... +- half of the markets have no potential representative and circa 80% of appl. forms are by players who have never been interested in the forums and none have been interested in discussing or providing feedback. That says it all. The GPC doesn't attract players who could be able to maintain it. We really don't need something like this.

Especially Anna Pawlak was great. So, it's kinda weird speak about lost trust and then list some occupations. It sounds like nobody of these people who previously were on these positions isn't trustworthy...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
You said you don't trust them :p

Anyways, it's ok, I got that you Thasoss will not apply ^^

DeletedUser

You talk about players that lost their trust in InnoGames for what happend in the past years. Do you know that in the last
Haste you ever asked the question..why the players left the game..Can thank you with your predecessor here..Geode this sleep pill..has been concerned with its inactivity..which has more than one player left this server..
smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

regards
Geisti

DeletedUser2458

@* Arci *
It's "okay" when player says this... from Inno staff member it's strange. Not everybody could get the point you've thought. :p
Players don't sometimes trust to the dev team that they listen to their feedback. However, I think this is getting improving. If we speak about trustworthy, the local teams and CoMas are bigger issue. Inno doesn't have them under control at all but it's another story which is hard to deal with it due to language barrier. I understand that.

Anyways, it's ok, I got that you Thasoss will not apply ^^
Still needs to be sarcastic? :p

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I said that we have new staff, not that the old one was bad :/
If you didn't trust the old one, you have no reasons to not trust the actual one. But it's ok, I see your point, judging and complaining it's ways easier than everything else.

Thanks again for sharing your opinions guys!

DeletedUser2458

If I compar Inno with other companies, its dev teams are the best... not many bugs, updates are often, quite well balanced game content... that's why I'm in Grepo for 7.5 years and why I share feedback... because I really appreciate their work (which also attracted me to be interested in web developing and trying to see a game in point of game designer's view). I don't like to do things which are nonsense in my opinion. I personally don't and can't trust (based on experienced and visible facts) to CM and volunteer level nor the GPC. I'm sorry. Just to be clear about this topic.

DeletedUser

@* Arci *
I know it will be hard..the Betatesters have had it hard under Geode..since some trust in this company has been lost..are ready to help you..would not be active here anymore..i play this Beta are 4 years..
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

regards
Geisti

Reading today's announcement regarding the council, what I get is that the project failed before even starting.

Checking on other markets forums (god bless google translator!!) looks like participation is near to 0!!! (otherwise why merge market counselors?? )

This extension sounded like those excuses that politicians are usually having to make a failure look like a win.

For me the given excuse was by far too lame.......
Holidays....
How many people are on holidays and can not even get the minimum for participation??
When you look for 2-3 players on a players database of couple of thousands (I bet that even the smaller market has at least 1000 players) and none turns up, you can not assume that they are all on holidays.

For me looks like people just do not care at all for this counsil and trusted more the old fashioned way of proposal (Forum suggestions sections or ticketing system) rather than becoming member of a council.
I do not know if the fact that no gold was given (similar to moderators) as compensation also contributed.

I hope that I be wrong, but I think this project is not going to work out (as we had said from very first time) for many and various reasons.
And this is something that can be easily predicted by just checking number of unique players that actually make proposals for the game in every market.
Just a few. the rest just prefer to mess around the forum...
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

DeletedUser2458

So, it's almost began!
As I read the DE forum (the GPC thread), I reaaaally don't know if I dream...

DeletedUser2458

Why on the Duch one? However, no, there is no council on my market... fortunately. It's scary to read some posts... from the GPC members. *huh* I hope the situation will get better. And on other forums, if I see correctly, the GPC's not interacted with its community yet.

It would be interesting to organize a competition where we would bet how long that project will survive. :uhh:

So, it's almost began!
As I read the DE forum (the GPC thread), I reaaaally don't know if I dream...

According to Lead Community Manager Naranya/Steffi, the following markets will be represented in the GPC:

PT/BR, AR/ES, DE, EN, US, RO, RU, NL, FR, GR, PL, TR and HU.

The local council members are to select their inner council representative(s) by September 28, which means that the inner (international) council will start their work not before October - and then will have to elect the advisory board members.

In DE the start has not been harmonious as you might have noticed when reading there - partly because of the bureaucratic nature of the concept as we had discussed it here as well, partly because most of the local council members are not known to the forum community and have not participated in feedback, discussions and suggestions over the years. Many people seem to be afraid that the three-body-concept of the GPC will cause a lack of transparency instead of improving it.

I hope things will calm down a bit during the coming weeks. The GPC members (and Inno) should at least have the chance to prove us all wrong and to make the concept work.

DeletedUser

I refuse Arci..my health is more important to me..
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

regards
Geisti