Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We are looking forward to your feedback about version 2.123. Here you can find the changelog, that will be compiled day by day with new informations.

DeletedUser

Good Evening @* Arci *

That's a bad Joke from you, an Announcement without Error Notification. Is it really pointless, to write an Announcement where nothing is which error has been corrected. I hate it when I your Innovations, itself must find out.
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

regards
Geisti

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I don't understand why do you keep talking about this topic every two weeks.

This is the last time I'll try to explain it to you.

Every two mondays we start deploying a new version, that obviously has no changes with the previous one. Then day by day we add new stuffs making the changelong complete after two weeks.

You're not forced to leave your feedback the FIRST day, the patch lasts for 14 days and the topic remains open, you can wait for daily updates THEN leave your feedback if you have something to share with us.

This is how our depolyment work from a coupe of months, do you understand it now? Is there something still unclear?

I understand that you are losing your patience, @* Arci *, but you should also understand that Geisti is not the only one still confused - he is only one of many players still struggling with the new deployment system as I know from many conversations.

Every fortnight there used to be an ingame announcement referring to the new changelog, and especially those players not reading the forum on a regular basis used to go there once every two weeks to read about the new changes and bugfixes.

Exactly those players feel at a loss since the new deployment system was introduced, and even if this truth is gnawing at your patience, you should acknowledge it.

---

I would highly recommend to help them as follows:

Please compare changelog 2.120 to the changelogs 2.121 to 2.123. In changelog 2.120 you added the content of the daily updates in commentaries to your original first post, but afterwards you also combined those bits and pieces to a complete changelog in that first post so that random readers can find an overview for update 2.120 quite similar to the complete changelogs they were used to. This was very helpful, and you should provide such an overview in the first post for all changelogs to come.

When an update cycle is completed (as changelog 2.122 was last Friday, for example) you should provide an ingame link to the then completed first post. Providing an ingame link to the new (and still empty) new changelog 2.123 is not helpful - too many players are under the impression that the last few updates had no content at all because they did not follow up the daily additions.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I understand that you are losing your patience, @* Arci *, but you should also understand that Geisti is not the only one still confused - he is only one of many players still struggling with the new deployment system as I know from many conversations.

Every fortnight there used to be an ingame announcement referring to the new changelog, and especially those players not reading the forum on a regular basis used to go there once every two weeks to read about the new changes and bugfixes.

Exactly those players feel at a loss since the new deployment system was introduced, and even if this truth is gnawing at your patience, you should acknowledge it.
I can understand that someone who never followed forum and devblog can still have problems, but someone that is here everyday that still can't see that changelog is fullfilled day by day is a bit werid.

I would highly recommend to help them as follows:

Please compare changelog 2.120 to the changelogs 2.121 to 2.123. In changelog 2.120 you added the content of the daily updates in commentaries to your original first post, but afterwards you also combined those bits and pieces to a complete changelog in that first post so that random readers can find an overview for update 2.120 quite similar to the complete changelogs they were used to. This was very helpful, and you should provide such an overview in the first post for all changelogs to come.
Ok, if you think scrolling down can be a problem I'll update the first post as I did the first time. I tought it wasn't strictly necessary but ok, I can see your point.

When an update cycle is completed (as changelog 2.122 was last Friday, for example) you should provide an ingame link to the then completed first post. Providing an ingame link to the new (and still empty) new changelog 2.123 is not helpful - too many players are under the impression that the last few updates had no content at all because they did not follow up the daily additions.
I was thinking about sending the ingame message the second monday (half changelog published) because you complained that you had no time to test and sending the message when the changelog is complete... well... it's a bit useless because it's really late in order to identify, report, and fix issues before they go live.
An active user should daily (or at least every few days) check the forum if really interested on his beta testing activity.

My idea was to send the message (as said before) when the changelog is on its half, and sharing the last full changelog on the same message to avoid the impression that nothing was done, what do you think?
(And I'll keep saying everytime that new logs are added on a daily basis)

Obiously live changelogs may be a bit different from beta daily updates (for example some issues are luckily on beta only).

And as always, thanks a lot for your feedbacks they're really helpful.

DeletedUser

I can understand that someone who never followed forum and devblog can still have problems, but someone that is here everyday that still can't see that changelog is fullfilled day by day is a bit werid.
I have a girlfriend and a baby daughter..may not always be online..to read what you have changed to this day..wish only a summary of the bug fixes..not more
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

regards
Geisti

DeletedUser

I come with the new system here not clear..the old one was dearer to me..an announcement that all corrections were listed..
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Ok, but it's not needed to repeat it everytime, thanks for your feedback.

Please, not the difference between a suggestion feedback and a "i don't like anything" feedback.

The first is helpful, the second if repeated again and again is just useless for everyone.

DeletedUser2458

About the WWs donations feature... Will be there an indicator of player's economical strength (e.g. number of cities)? Nils said they will have a discussion about this topic if they can add another column etc.

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Unfortunately we don't have an exact answer yet, I can't anticipate that much but we agree with that point and as Nils said most probably we'll take care on that aspect.

On live worlds an ingame announcement informed us that event items conjured from yesterday 10:00h a.m to today 10:00h a.m were doubled (with the double of the item automatically ending up in the extended inventory).

There was no such announcement for the Beta worlds, and it seemed clear enough that this bonus promotion was meant for live worlds only. Not too many players might have noticed that the item duplication was active on Beta as well, without any hint or announcement.

Any "official" comment on this glitch?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
We actually have an issue with ingame announcements (the ones you find on announcement tab, message window) that does not get delivered, honestly I didn't notice that even the other kind of messages was affected too.

I'll report it to devs, thanks for letting us know about that.

DeletedUser2458

I absolutely agree at this point:

• After joining an alliance, players must wait at least 72h before sending resources and favors to World Wonders.
Currently players are rotating between alliances to push resources and favors avoiding alliance max number of players. This new feature will make this behavior ways less performing and tries to discourage big coalition through alliances.
Please, let us know what do you thinkg about that on the feedbacks thread!

It's currently unfair. Small group of players which has been the best for long time and they couldn't be winners (in some cases, of course)? Why? Because e.g. 120 players have more favor than 40... and it's quite simply to reduce the building time. No exaggerated activity is needed. And then, after completing WWs? It's unfair for that members who can't be in winning ally because of lower ally cap. Sad.

I am looking forward on WWs age on my live world. I'm just thinking about why didn't you implement these changes some years ago? :D

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
WW are here from lof of time, people have changed... it's hard to give an exact answer on that ^^'

But I can reveal that more changes are planned for the upcoming future, we hope they will be appreciated like this one :)