StrawHat

Minotaur
What about the delayed processing of the reports?
In Germany we had a delay of 20 hours when attacking the Olympus. However, it would have been even more if the developers hadn't intervened and canceled some commands.
Has this problem also been resolved?

A simple way to prevent this massive amount of spam would be to treat the temples not like ghost towns, but like "normal" cities, where there is a minimum number of troops sent. If necessary, this quota should even be increased (for example that an order (attack and defense) must occupy at least 200 farm places).

WhoAmIv2

Hydra
@StrawHat
In my opinion, this problem is not caused by treating temples like ghost towns, it is simply a technology limitation. One report takes a little time to be processed by the server, however, in cases like Olympus, there can be hundreds or even thousands of reports in a single second.
So for example, if one report takes 1 second to be processed by the server, 1000 reports (all at the exact same time) take 1000 seconds to process. This means that you will see the 1000th report in 1000 seconds after the command arrival. :)

StrawHat

Minotaur
I am well aware of that.
But apparently there is no technical solution to this problem. Then why not simply avoid this problem in some other way?

Why is there at all the possibility to send an order with 1 lightship?
With enough orders, the colonial ships will be veiled anyway.

The possibility to lame the whole server is not only available at the Olymp, but in principle at every temple (small and large).
If you really want to go for it, you could lay the entire server for significantly more than 20 hours due to the massive commands.

WhoAmIv2

Hydra
@StrawHat
Solutions for problems like this one exist, although they can be really hard to implement.
You can always cause a delay if there's a lot of movements, no matter if it's 1 lightship or the whole nuke. It does not apply just to temples, but also to normal conquests.

Your solution to increase the minimum population requirement per attack is a double-edged sword. I agree that the solution would help in the late game (World wonder sieges, Olympus, etc.), but it would also make the game a lot harder from the start of a server.

In my opinion, this problem is not caused by treating temples like ghost towns, it is simply a technology limitation.

You cannot send attacks with only 1 unit to normal cities - but you can send them to ghost towns, and you can send them to temples because temples are treated like ghost towns. That behaviour alone causes a lot of (avoidable) spam (it makes a difference whether you send an LS nuke or 360 separate attacks), so please think again. We have been pointing out that problem for more than a year now. Yes, there can be also lags caused by too many movements on normal cities, but that problem is (unnecessarily) multiplied for temples.
Also, we have been advocating for a later start of the "endgame" on Olympus worlds, so that players and alliances can organize themselves and grow normally before the temple phases. The temple shielding will not "improve the game experience" accordingly, only add another nuisance. It would be so easy to provide real improvements, if only the feedback provided a year ago and again and again was read and understood.

The new changes, however, are a "solution" for non-existing problems. I don´t understand them, I don´t understand the thoughts behind them, and I am really frustrated regarding the lack of (mutual) understanding between the team in Hamburg and their players. Sometimes I think we are not even talking about the same game any longer - otherwise we would not get more events when we want less, stronger "powers" and stronger/faster units (Ares!) when we want them mitigated, and "rebalancing"/changes not addressing the real issues.

watata

Divine Envoy
What about the delayed processing of the reports?
In Germany we had a delay of 20 hours when attacking the Olympus. However, it would have been even more if the developers hadn't intervened and canceled some commands.
Has this problem also been resolved?

A simple way to prevent this massive amount of spam would be to treat the temples not like ghost towns, but like "normal" cities, where there is a minimum number of troops sent. If necessary, this quota should even be increased (for example that an order (attack and defense) must occupy at least 200 farm places).

What exactly did you do to halt an entire server for 20 hours?

Android303

Calydonian Boar
in my opinion, without protection in the temples is better. limit of temples by alliance with a maximum limit of accumulated bonus defined, temples available in more oceans, more time between large temples and Olympus

StrawHat

Minotaur
Solutions for problems like this one exist, although they can be really hard to implement.
You can always cause a delay if there's a lot of movements, no matter if it's 1 lightship or the whole nuke. It does not apply just to temples, but also to normal conquests.
So you already have solutions for this problem, but you were not able to solve this problem?
It has been known for over a year that there are massive delays in processing. Why has that still not been resolved? Some Olympus servers went online and this problem occurred again and again while attacking the Olymp.

Your solution to increase the minimum population requirement per attack is a double-edged sword. I agree that the solution would help in the late game (World wonder sieges, Olympus, etc.), but it would also make the game a lot harder from the start of a server.
Why would it be harder at the start of the server? At the beginning of the server no temples that have already been conquered are attacked anyway. It is easier then to simply conquer new ones, or you wait until you have more troops, then it will be no problem either.

What exactly did you do to halt an entire server for 20 hours?
About 5000 attacks and 5000 supports were timed on the Olymp.
As already written above, the delays would have lasted much longer.
But the developers first logged out all players, then prevented them from logging in. It was certainly hoped that this would speed up processing. Unfortunately in vain. Then a number of mini-commands were canceled, making the world playable again after about 24 hours.

But even the 5000 attacks are nothing "special". If 20 players take part, each of whom sends 25 commands from 10 cities, then the 5000 attacks are easily reached.

watata

Divine Envoy
On the first hungarian Olymp server we had besieged Olymp with around 130k biremes and 1m LD, and the enemy sent around 3-400 attacks at the same time, causing us to have no reports for arund 3 hours. We were always thinking about an all attack of 3-4 thousands pings and real attacks to shield the CS-s, should the enemy conquer it before us but we didn't have to do it.

@Arci,
1629814574907.png

On 24/10/2019 the revolt players were informed that Olimpo, for them, could have come out late. Let's forget for a moment that releasing a final game for only one of the two grepolis modes is an incredible error, but let's reflect that 22 months have passed since then. 22 months of silence on the issue, then May 18 arrives: Olympus rebalanced.

Moments of happiness and hope dead when you discover that IT'S ONLY FOR CONQUEST!

Let's think for a moment:
- Olympus only for conquest
- Ares' rebalancing destroys his utility by revolt
- Olympus for revolt without a date
- Rebalancing wonders without a single feedback for years, but only vague promises never kept

Conclusion:
Playing revolt means being a second-tier player for InnoGames.

WTF ?!

If this is the thought of InnoGames that at least it is clear because, at this moment, most of the users in many communities are constituted by the players of revolt. At least these players can decide to play other games, where they may not be humiliated as in recent years on Grepolis.

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Thanks for openly sharing your feedback. There isn't any intentional move to push conquest and bury revolt worlds.

The team is already aware of the current situation where for example Olympus works best with Conquest. I will push once again the feedback that players who like revolt over conquest feel a little bit left behind, which is indeed a legit feeling.

On August 21 the large temples spawned. Today, on August 27, they finally are attackable. The days between those two dates have been eaten away by "Temple Shielding".

And for September 1, the next temple shield phase is announced. The protected phases (when they worked at all) last for 10 days.

And now, please, do the simple math (obviously not done by the game designers), how many days out of the 19 days of the Large Temple stage can really be used for the clearing and conquering of Large Temples (with their increased defense). Do you notice what´s wrong with it?

It saddens me to see how little thought went into these "Olympus Rebalancing and Changes". I have been elaborating on possible improvements in the German forum, and unfortunately just now I have not enough time to repeat myself here - but as a first measure it is urgently required to get rid of the temple shielding for Large Temples on zz21. And afterwards, and before these changes find their way to live worlds, please rethink this complete "rebalancing".

EPICURIOS

Centaur
there is a confusion with the appearance of Olympus before the great temples were conquered. I can not understand why this mess was made