Captcha

I was just wondering......
Who had this bright idea to place captcha on marketplace????

Honestly.... is this going to prevent spam in anyway???

But if you insist to place captcha to more places... I would propose to place on gold buy menu.... to make clients think twice what they are buying!!!!
Because that is what implying a captcha on marketplace!!!

Thanks

malgai

Hera
On the DE market of grepolis, we already discussed about the Captchas. The Captchas happens every fifth trade where players sell ressources for gold. But it NEVER comes when players BUY ressources with gold. When bots are used in the marketplace they have a bigger impact if the bots buy ressources to easily rebuild troops. In my grepolis career I met people who love coding such bots...

Today, with the Update 2.200, the Captchas were implemented to the german worlds aswell. I traded 47 gold into my account on de101. It took me 4 minutes and 46 seconds. There were 9 Captchas, one of them was to solve, the rest was tickable without having to solve the puzzle. But think over it... almost 5 minutes for not even 50 gold? Is this the way to prevent from botusing? I don't think so... Especially when this change doesn't care about the core problem.

Some days ago on betait was even worse. I had 18 Trades after each other. The Captcha software thought that I am not a trustable player and I had to solve 4 puzzles á 3 pictures. It took me 5 Minutes for 18 trades. If this happened on a live market, I would most likely have lost the offers because others are faster who are lucky enough and don't have to solve puzzles. Even if I was first.

There are easier ways to gold run....
Check teh bottom of ranking on zz2 and you will understand it.....

Well even on live server last time I was on (couple of years ago ) Inno was still sponsoring my premium and I was able to play aas normal without having to pay a single euro and I still had gold and that was from 100% legal ways...

That is why I keep laughing on people that even with the assistance of illegal bots... they still lose towns and cry.....

On the DE market of grepolis, we already discussed about the Captchas

The Captchas in the Gold Exchange window belong to the changelog content not announced on Beta - that´s why we discussed them in the German forum instead when they were introduced on Beta.

In fact we had already predicted very early on that there would be a bot problem regarding the Gold Exchange since the click routine of the feature seemed to invite bot developers and users to try their luck with it. It´s a pity that we were right regarding that issue, and that we all now must bear the consequences, and even more so as there are privacy policy issues wherever third party services are used in the game. I also wonder why Google´s ReCAPTCHA is not listed among the third party services in InnoGames´ Privacy Policy for End Users (https://legal.innogames.com/portal/us/privacy) inspite of the user data transfer to Google servers and the possible tracking it implies.

There are easier ways to gold run....
Check teh bottom of ranking on zz2 and you will understand it.....

Because I received couple of messages as to what I meant and some do not have access to zz2... here is what I mean...

9im2qZJvQzaHJ4NgfP8V7w.png

Gold runners creating accounts just to get the 200 gold once the person they invited reaches a certain number of points....

Is there a captcha for this???
No....
But in this case Inno should permanently ban the duplicate account, and the person who invited them... permanently and immediate delete accoutns and villages as well. As those are ruining the balance of the game.

Good luck to the admins that will have to enter and delete/ban all those accounts..... as this means too many workhours spend for nothing as instead of finding a way to limit those... obstacles are raised on other cases.....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Good luck to the admins that will have to enter and delete/ban all those accounts..... as this means too many workhours spend for nothing as instead of finding a way to limit those... obstacles are raised on other cases.....

As this has nothing to do with the catpcha triggers, feel free to open a new thread with a suggestion on how to prevent account creation to block this exploit, we'd like to receive some inputs on this :)

As this has nothing to do with the catpcha triggers, feel free to open a new thread with a suggestion on how to prevent account creation to block this exploit, we'd like to receive some inputs on this :)

Will do once I have the time or will send a pm due to the sensitive info that might be revealed....