DeletedUser4186

hmm and all player plays all worlds with the same account?

oh no some player start each World with an new account so you play world A with an Member that plays on another world with an different acc as your enemy and you don´t know that he has that info.

so sorry but your comment is not really good (without any intention to bully you)

DeletedUser4511

@AnWePe it's your choice to stay on an alliance where your opponent (of another server) has your info. If you don't like to give such info, join another alliance
So, because the developers decided to spend time on a gimmick rather than dealing with more serious matters (the volatile nature of the attack alarm, actually balancing the Attack of the Hydra event, checking the Casual World mechanics to avoid simple errors like the points ranges, etc), the players (i.e. your customers) will have to limit their engagement with certain other players?

If this is going to be put onto the live market, then I agree with others that there needs to be a privacy option as to whether you allow your leaders/teammates to see your online status, and that there needs to be a visible icon to show which players can see everyone's online status. I sincerely hope that this does not follow the example of the Casual World, which was released onto EN after a major design flaw had been identified, and seemingly without it being fixed.

DeletedUser4511

That's a feedback I already forwarded :)
I know. But within days of you forwarding it, they announce a Casual World on a live market, without having said anything about fixing the issue.

I take it no comment on the fact that this controversial gimmick was worked on over more serious issues?

DeletedUser4186

i promise i will check that this is an illegal thing inno make, if that going life

i promise i will check that this is an illegal thing inno make, if that going life
I do not think so. There are a few games, were you can already see all the player are actually online. It is on yours, if you don't like it, you have not to play this game.
On the other hand (sorry @Arci to write it twice) I don't understand, what is here for Grepolis the real idea behind it. The real magic idea, why it has to be to introduce to the game; what's the must of it :confused:

I recall this "online status" feature been there in Tribal wars about 8 (more or less) years ago.......
And it looked cool and helpful many times in organizing raid against enemies....

But then again this was AGES AGO....... when things, time and Internet were a bit more innocent than they are now.....
This was far before the GDPR and back then where almost none knew the "nigerian inheritance" fraud ...
It was back at the years where you were getting spammed with just 4-5 spam emails and spam filters were not so commonly used in emails......

Back then ... yes this was OK.....

But since then many things have changed.....
So if you want to introduce a feature that affects personal data (and yes... presence IS personal data) then you should give the option to affected individual to decide if he wants it or not..... and not to a 3rd party i.e. founder/leader...

DeletedUser2940

[after my quote]
ironic????

No, I'm serious. Just try and spend a while focusing on the upsides this brings, the cooperation opportunities instead of the abuse risk. It's up to you to compare these two for yourself, but I think the former completely dwarfs the latter. But as always, actual play will tell us more.

DeletedUser4351

I recall this "online status" feature been there in Tribal wars about 8 (more or less) years ago.......
And it looked cool and helpful many times in organizing raid against enemies....

But then again this was AGES AGO....... when things, time and Internet were a bit more innocent than they are now.....
This was far before the GDPR and back then where almost none knew the "nigerian inheritance" fraud ...
It was back at the years where you were getting spammed with just 4-5 spam emails and spam filters were not so commonly used in emails......

Back then ... yes this was OK.....

But since then many things have changed.....
So if you want to introduce a feature that affects personal data (and yes... presence IS personal data) then you should give the option to affected individual to decide if he wants it or not..... and not to a 3rd party i.e. founder/leader...
Totally agree.

It's hard to focus on the upsides when there are so many obvious downsides and it would only take a checkbox /consent/ to fix that. This is not the type of change when the pros outweigh the cons.

Don't forget it is our IP address (personal data according to GDPR) that Innogames records and uses (with our consent) for example to monitor online activity and it is pretty confidential which probably means Innogames should not share it with a third party without our consent - it might even be a legal liability issue if they do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4511

Don't forget it is our IP address (personal data according to GDPR) that Innogames records and uses (with our consent) for example to monitor online activity and it is pretty confidential which probably means Innogames should not share it with a third party without our consent - it might even be a legal liability issue if they do so.
Given their supposed serious concerns about privacy (they appear to value privacy over clarity of moderation, and they've also quietly banned account transfers apparently due to privacy), they really should provide an option to avoid giving out this private data if players do not wish to.

This wouldn't be the first time Inno has been involved in borderline legal liability issues. However I am sure that they will handle this case significantly better than the last occasion.

DeletedUser4438

So, I will certainly not let me dictate by a game provider who should know my online times and who not.
For this reason, I have left my alliance and find it exceptionally a pity that I felt compelled to take this step.
I actually thought that this game is about fighting together with friends against the opponents.

But if you want to preserve certain principles of the private sphere, then since the update seems to play only a minor role.

As already mentioned by me, I will not accept this and have drawn my conclusions.

Nevertheless, I will not give up the hope that Inno changes the situation and I can have at some point fun again.

DeletedUser4186

No, I'm serious. Just try and spend a while focusing on the upsides this brings, the cooperation opportunities instead of the abuse risk. It's up to you to compare these two for yourself, but I think the former completely dwarfs the latter. But as always, actual play will tell us more.

ok and what are these cooperation opportunities????

open tab = you are light green and "online" but you are in an other tab so you don´t be aware of an PM that comes for Help (not unusual or not?^^).
The other SEE oh you are online and thinks why in the hell ignores he my PM, and That is an upside thing?

so please if i see not all Advantages feel free to show me more^^

DeletedUser2940

ok and what are these cooperation opportunities????

open tab = you are light green and "online" but you are in an other tab so you don´t be aware of an PM that comes for Help (not unusual or not?^^).
The other SEE oh you are online and thinks why in the hell ignores he my PM, and That is an upside thing?

so please if i see not all Advantages feel free to show me more^^

I've never said this change is a magic spell that will erase all of the players' communication issues. It's just that you can see someone's offline and consequently you won't bother with messaging them in vain. Of course, it isn't flawless, but a rough, approximate activity monitor is a better cooperation tool than nothing.

Geisti

Griffin
As far as I know, this idea has met with rejection in the German forum(Online LED). If I got it right, that was also rejected by members of the GPC. Why was despite massive resistance, this ad developed. What should you actually do, except that the players are limited in your privacy. How come such rejected proposals anyway into play? Does every game designer get a piece of paper with a rejected idea and the games then 'Journey to Jerusalem'?
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

And the idea of winning is then developed against the resistance of the players anyway?

regards
Geisti

DeletedUser4511

If I got it right, that was also rejected by members of the GPC.
We were never given any warning or information about this prior to it's release, let alone asked for our opinions. We have argued against it since it was publicly announced. But, despite our supposed role in helping the developers improve the game, we were excluded from this as well as the Casual World type.

DeletedUser4186

I've never said this change is a magic spell that will erase all of the players' communication issues. It's just that you can see someone's offline and consequently you won't bother with messaging them in vain. Of course, it isn't flawless, but a rough, approximate activity monitor is a better cooperation tool than nothing.

sorry but this is also not true right now.

Because being online in tghe app is shown you as offline right now (thats also tested), so you are darkgreen but online on the app, so i see here no advantage

We were never given any warning or information about this prior to it's release, let alone asked for our opinions. We have argued against it since it was publicly announced. But, despite our supposed role in helping the developers improve the game, we were excluded from this as well as the Casual World type.

thats not totally correct Kal. Take a Look at the internal forum Meli and i argued against that change before is was announced