Domination is about politic or FIghts?

DeletedUser3326

About the calculation of the domination. What is your point of view about winning by changing side? I mean imagine that if one alliance make lobbying in all other alliances to take the player with the biggest accounts , they could reach the target so fast like this. Okay there is 2 weeks they must keep their towns , but ... to start the last stand , it's about conquering , fighting , not doing political talking .

I say this because in my last 2 servers , when wonder era starts , biggest player just change sides to one alliance , even if they are not in the same sea , just to get their crown , it's not about what grepolis should be , a team game firstly , not as an individual

Those you mentioned are the builders and quitters I told you about on the other post....
Are those that keep paying the bills so as Inno exist and rest of us are having fun.....

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
If everyone wants to win and some players decide to betray their alliances, or all the leaders decide to stay in friendly relationship with everyone else, there's really nothing we can do on the Game Design side.

Personally I think the game is a mix of both, there's war and there's diplomacy. There isn't a particular design solution that grants 100% fights and 0% diplomacy as it's every single player that decides his own gamestyle... or this solution is missing to us and we'd love to hear it from you :)

DeletedUser4351

There are 2 big problems:
- limited options to break domination:
traitors
players break under pressure (whole world against one alliance)
another alliance recruits better players and it starts all over
all depends on diplomacy
- players dominate not alliance
winners can be players who join together last minute, never fought in same ocean nor against same enemy, but used the support of surrounding players to grow big
- it is not true anymore that every player who worked hard from start to end in a top team can get equal chance in winning
- building a core is unnecessary
- uncertain that alliances can keep players

Proposal: valid ocean
Inside the valid area calculate alliance presence per ocean. If an alliance presence is below 10% on any ocean cities of those oceans would be invalid and not added to domination value.

For example an alliance has 2000 cities. (40 cities average)
50% - O55 (25 players or 1000 cities)
25% - O56 (12.5 players or 500 cities)
12.5% - O54 (6.5 players or 250 cities)
10% - O45 (5 players or 200 cities) - valid
2.5% - O35 (1.25 players or 50 cities) - invalid

Alliances would have to work on their core, could not recruit any players without compromises, should not allow spreading to too many oceans otherwise they would become weak where their presence is too low. Sporadic alliances - top players that only form an alliance to dominate by points would have very hard time during last stand as they would have many weak oceans that could turn into invalid. An alliance could not recruit just one player from another side of the world to increase points.

Weak oceans could easily become invalid even given the short time to change results.
A massive OP on weak oceans could result in an alliance losing over 10% of their valid city count.
Strategy and loyalty would be rewarded over greed and diplomacy.

DeletedUser4186

If everyone wants to win and some players decide to betray their alliances, or all the leaders decide to stay in friendly relationship with everyone else, there's really nothing we can do on the Game Design side.

Personally I think the game is a mix of both, there's war and there's diplomacy. There isn't a particular design solution that grants 100% fights and 0% diplomacy as it's every single player that decides his own gamestyle... or this solution is missing to us and we'd love to hear it from you :)

yes NORMALLY Grepo should be a well mixed Game of diplomacy and war, but new endgame makes that mix to a 95% Diplomacy (if you call inviting people in the last minute to win as diplomacy) and 5% war and this mix isn´t really good.

all that things were mentioned in the devblog over half a year before and inno ignored that totally

DeletedUser4694

yes NORMALLY Grepo should be a well mixed Game of diplomacy and war, but new endgame makes that mix to a 95% Diplomacy (if you call inviting people in the last minute to win as diplomacy) and 5% war and this mix isn´t really good.

all that things were mentioned in the devblog over half a year before and inno ignored that totally

That's something you can't really undo as in diplomacy will always be easier then waging war thus players will be more inclined to do that.

I'm also rather curious as to why morale isn't off on domination citys/islands, there's a reason why they removed morale from world wonders. Why not keep the trend going?

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Valid islands for dominations will be maaaaaany more than just the few WW islands :)

DeletedUser4694

Yes I know, still no reason to not do it though.

Actually I guess, 2 weeks is just a very short time. If I remember correct, 2 weeks is the time someone need for the planning of a major offensive. And you needs a good plan, to break the domination of the biggest alliance, don't you?

DeletedUser4186

Actually I guess, 2 weeks is just a very short time. If I remember correct, 2 weeks is the time someone need for the planning of a major offensive. And you needs a good plan, to break the domination of the biggest alliance, don't you?

this is truely correct

its funny to look at some stat sites. Number One Allys and there Town loses

for example german kasmenai

started 6 month ago Number one Ally lost only 63 Towns in that time (and perhaps a few internals that went to a pact i think so the Number of enemy loses are lower)

if that ally would have Domi and is 40 towns over that Border, how will somebody break that domi in 2 weeks?

my world is really old (over three years) and we lost 563 Towns in 3 Years and loses to enemys are round about 130 MAX, so round about one Town per week

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
If an alliance is much much stronger than any other alliance and it showed its dominance over the entire server, why doesn't it deserve to win?
Moreover, if you think you can't conquest some towns in two weeks because you said they're stronger, how could you do it in more time? (Considering the other alliance is also going to attack your in the meantime).

I don't see any flaw in the system here, it's part of a war game that someome wins and all the other don't.

If you're worried an alliance is growing too quickly you should notice it as soon as possible, even before the domination era starts :)

If you're worried an alliance is growing too quickly you should notice it as soon as possible, even before the domination era starts :)
I am completely with you. Unfortuntely Nobody knows where the domination area is and so it isn‘t Really easy to Fight against something you don‘t know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4186

If an alliance is much much stronger than any other alliance and it showed its dominance over the entire server, why doesn't it deserve to win?
Moreover, if you think you can't conquest some towns in two weeks because you said they're stronger, how could you do it in more time? (Considering the other alliance is also going to attack your in the meantime).

I don't see any flaw in the system here, it's part of a war game that someome wins and all the other don't.

wow this is not a good answer in my opinion (first thought was real a bad Answer^^)

wasn´t domi build to get an exciting endgame? so in that cases, will it be a exciting endgame? no surely not

and why i think in more time this is perhaps possible? because more time is always good in Fights, at ouor world the top ally had 6 WW allready but we got enough stamina to get enough pressure to that enemy but this needed, JEAH, TIME^^

Bernard said in Devblog this would be good because every Ally will Attack Domi-Ally ok Ally Rang 20 is 1,5 whole seas far from Ally 1 so atting that ally is useless and stupid and will only help Ally 1. And settling near to ally 1 to fight better against them? good Idea but not possible within 2 Weeks

and only because an ally is big this doesnt mean that ally is dominating the World

and if an Ally is 100Town in Front on Speed 4 this is not a big Difference to say they dominate the world, but still quite impossible to take in 2 weeks enough towns from that ally (its also a Thing of having enough slots do to that)

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Well, if an alliance ruled the entire time, why should it lose the very last day? But this is just my personal opinion, no worries.

We'll analyze the outcome of this first batch of Domination worlds before saying it will be boring :)

The biggest question is, how big/far the area is in whitch the islands are nominated as valid. Normaly it would be not wyse to found in the rim.
If an alliance is spread out over the world it can mean that a lot of cities on islands outside will not count for domination.