Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
Please, share here every feedback about the latest released app version.

The changes are extensive. Therefore we prepared a wiki page [LINK],

The [LINK] in the release notes is not working...
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

Yeah, it can be a good idea

Well the main "problem" with the app is that in app description in playstore it does not state at all that this is an app addon for browser version.....
So people may get mislead as per app description....

BvGyZ14XSoKEmAYazCb4WQ.png

KO7t2wHiThqsCFiqgxqRlQ.png

I had mentioned it some time in the past as well
That is why many things from browser need to be integraded to app.
Alternative, change the app description in playstore.

As for Apple store, I do not know if same error apply as well as I do not have an apple to check....
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

But most probably this to be mentioned in bug section (as there is a "bug in description") or again in suggestions......

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
The app version will never replace the browser version and I can't see where it's stated that the app has all the features of the desktop version.

As for Apple store, I do not know if same error apply as well as I do not have an apple to check....
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif
It is exactly the same as on your screen except it's on German :p, or do you mean something special?

And you have the proposal, to continue playing in browser system; what should the provider insert in addition :confused:

The app version will never replace the browser version and I can't see where it's stated that the app has all the features of the desktop version.

Exactly that... it does not mention anything ......

For example I play grepolis and I download app as an extension....

But Mr Smith on the other hand all day long he is browsing around PlayStore with his tablet seeking for new games to pass his time. Somehow he is diverted to Grepolis app page. I repeat Mr Smith is just seeking for a game to have fun on his tablet (or phone)
So he downloads app, install it, starts playing (from tablet only!! as he was seeking a game for tablet)
Is not Mr Smith mislead regarding product features and functionality???
Especially if he buys gold for example, enables administrator and is not able ti have exactly same features I have for the same money from my PC ?

So for the same money, and the same product Mr Smith is not getting the same as I am getting. This is a fraud

Hope example was clear enough about providing incorrect product info.
I am surprised how Inno lawyers did not see that..... and how is that and none sue inno yet to get easy money from this...

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I'm really sorry but we can't make Mr.Smith 100% happy.

Grepolis is a browser game, this means that if a player doesn't want to play on his browser, we can't guarantee him the best game experience possible.

If I understand @galanoulis correct, he wants to inform the App Player, that it is not the same experience as if you play with Browser Version. I guess he is right if he ask you, to Check with Legal Department, If you have to give an information for this or not.

@galanoulis Playing with Grepolis App is much more expensive as Browser Version, concerning the Google and Apple Fees on this!

I'm really sorry but we can't make Mr.Smith 100% happy.

Grepolis is a browser game, this means that if a player doesn't want to play on his browser, we can't guarantee him the best game experience possible.

I did not say to make him 100% happy....
What I clearly said was to INFORM him that this is NOT A STAND ALONE game which he just found in the market.... It is not Monopoly, not PacMan, not Pokemon.....
It is a game that can be found in the store and is an extension of the browser version!!!!

Above screenshot is from the description Inno has placed in playstore. Please point out in which exact position it clearly states that this (the app) is an add on for the browser version..... the answer is NOWHERE!!!! and this is a FRAUD!!!

People using app are paying the same ingame currency (gold) for premium services (premium, reducing build time, reduce troops production time) which they buy for real money (euros, dollars, yen, etc) but the services bought are NOT the same. Therefore as long as on the app version not CLEARLY stated that "this is an addon for the browser game" or something similar so as Google Playstore clients (and maybe Apple Store) are aware of this, then this is a FRAUD as clients are mislead and not told the truth about the product/services they get.

Consumer needs to be clearly informed about the product he gets......

VW also thought it was not illegal about the issue with emissions and now is paying a fortune .....
Some times it is better to be proactive and cover all possible scenarios rather than later pay real money for nothing......

@* Arci *
  • It is now possible to share your own live conquest reports directly in alliance forums or messages. This way it becomes much easier to inform your fellow players about the conquest situation.
Could you explain, how it works?

I didn't and I haven't a conquest for the moment but somebody at German Forum asked therefore ;)

Hopefully, I can try it this afternoon, if IOS has updated until this time.

In theoretical, there is a big different between normal reports and conquest situations and in the browser system, there are two different solutions for this.

To confirm now, what I have understand: There is an attack with CS on one of my cities and the attacker have won, which means, there is a active conquer on my city. Or the other side, I have won the conquer attack. Now I go to the reports, publish exactly this report and all the other players see the conquering report, with incoming supports and attacks?

Right :confused:

Last edited:

Arci

Community Manager
Grepolis Team
I don't have any step by step guide or screenshots to show at the moment, but I don't think it will be a lot hard to find where that button is placed :)

I don't have any step by step guide or screenshots to show at the moment, but I don't think it will be a lot hard to find where that button is placed :)
Hopefully, I will report it than ;)

By the way, I haven't found out until now, how to change a city name in the app :(